Tea and coffee, hands down are two of the most popular beverages in the whole world. Both of these highly caffeinated drinks are available in an array of varieties and happen to be extremely versatile. Most of us crave for a cuppa in the morning in order to fill up our systems with some caffeine. While some of us opt for tea others go for coffee, but having said that, believe it or not, tea is way more popular than coffee and happens to be the second most consumed beverage in the world after water. There are many health benefits of tea as well as coffee and some of them are mentioned as follows:
Health Benefits of Tea
- It contains antioxidants: Tea is derived from the very popular Camellia sinesis plant, and they contain bioactive elements known as polyphenols. Antioxidants have the ability to reduce oxidative stress caused by free radicals present in the environment as well as our own system. The antioxidants also help to fight against cellular destruction which happens to one of the main causes of cancer. Tea is known for boosting immunity and keeps many diseases at bay. Beverages like green tea, remove the harmful toxin from the body.
- It improves heart health: Another health benefits of tea is the ability to remove plaque from the veins and arteries of the heart. High cholesterol leads to plaque formations in the nerves, which increases pressure on the heart. With tea helping to clean it up the nerves, the heart is able to pump blood with ease and one can notice the normalization of blood pressure levels as well.
- It helps with mental awareness: Many studies have pointed out that people who consume tea on the daily have better focus and can concentrate much better on their work. Apart from that, another health benefits of tea is that it helps in fortifying the nerve cells and work against the onset of diseases like dementia, Parkinsons’ disease and Alzheimer’s.
- Weight loss: if you are struggling with your weight and wish to find a natural way of shedding those extra kilos, then you can trust beverages like oolong and green tea to help you in the process. These teas improve metabolism and help with weight loss by accelerating the natural weight loss process of the body. A cup of tea prior to a workout will really help you go to town with your workout. Apart from that the brew also helps in fighting food cravings. So the next time you feel like binging on a pizza, just make yourself some green tea and you will forget about the pizza.
Health Benefits of Coffee
Coffee has always been known for its high caffeine content. It will be your best friend if you wish to stay up the night and study or work on a project. It really helps to perk up and give the brain, some much needed boost. Having said that, over-consumption of coffee can cause jitters. So have coffee in moderation, always!
- It reduces the risk of heart stokes: It helps in strengthening the heart functioning by mopping the free radicals from the bloodstream. The heart pumps blood faster and is able to maintain its pace.
- It lowers the risk of type 2 diabetes: Coffee is known for improving insulin secretion. It also helps the body to become more sensitive towards the natural insulin produced within the system.
- It stimulates brain activity: So coffee can really help you in making you smarter. The caffeine present in coffee makes you mentally alert, so you think better and work better. Apart from that, it protects against dementia and Alzheimer’s in both men and women.
Going by the aforementioned lists, it is pretty clear that the health benefits of tea are much more than that of coffee. So if you are to choose a caffeinated beverage, then it will be best if you are inclined towards tea as it really helps in improving your health in more ways than one.
I’m a Blogger, always ready to explore new things. Starting from Technology to Seo, webiners etc. Driving more and more traffic to our website is my passion.