One cannot deny the fact that the better your food is, the better will be your health. If we drink and eat healthily, we are tending to have a great immune system which in turn leads to healthy wellbeing.
Change in weather, pandemic on the rise, and fear of other immunity-threatening pathogens sometimes leaves us in a state of uncertainty. But not to forget there are food items that we should include in our everyday diet to upkeep our level of immunity, herbal teas being the best of all.
Immunity- meaning, importance, and sources
Immunity is defined as the perfectly balanced state wherein our body can resist a particular toxin or infection. The stronger the immunity of a person is, the healthier will their body be. With good immunity, the body is capable of fighting health challenges without impacting the physical and mental body.
Strong immunity is important so as to overcome health challenges, season changes, and infections. For example, in monsoon season, the body becomes increasingly susceptible to seasonal flu and infections, and if we have strong immunity, there are very few chances of having our well-being affected. This is also one of the most important reasons why our diet should be fortified with immunity-boosting foods and healing drinks like green tea.
Herbal teas, fruits, and vegetables are great for immunity building and can benefit your body in the long run. The natural sources of increasing immunity are greater for the long run hence should be opted over any artificial immunity boosting product type.
Switching to herbal teas for immunity boosting
We all know that green tea is the most consumed beverage all over the world. Green tea is made from unoxidized leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant and is one of the least processed types of tea. The tea plant is rich in valuable antioxidants knowns as polyphenols and is great for the immune system and overall health.
Green and Herbal teas are a great way to boost our immunity and are extremely popular in the world of healthy beverages. As the world is waking up to the importance of immunity, it would be great to start your day with a healthy drink and that can actually work for your immune system.
What are the Benefits of green tea for the immune system?
We all know that green tea has a number of health benefits ranging from weight management to improving immunity and metabolism at a successful rate. Some of the known benefits of consumption of green tea are mentioned below:
- Green tea is made up of a range of healthy compounds overall. Green tea has a catechin called epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG). These substances are responsible for keeping a check and reducing the formation of free radicals in the body, protecting cells and molecules from damage.
- EGCG is one of the most benefitting compounds found in green tea. Many researchers have found that EGCG has actually had the ability to treat various diseases. This compound gives green tea its medicinal properties and is great for the immune system.
- Green Tea is known as food medicine and is great for boosting immunity. Its flavonoids reduce bad cholesterol and blood clotting, thereby, promoting a healthy heart. The antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties of green tea keep skin problems away and add a glow to your skin and body. The consumption of green tea aids our body in the most prominent ways.
- Earlier, green tea was used as a medicine to control bleeding and heal wounds, aid digestion, improve both physical and mental health, regulate body temperature, and much more. Green tea can be beneficial for people who are trying to lose weight, liver disorders, type 2 diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, and much more.
Types of green tea in the market:
Green tea is available in many types and forms and is available both online and offline. You can make your purchases accordingly. The different forms in which green tea can be bought are mentioned below:
- Bottled and sweetened with sugar: Bottled green tea is a perfect blend of health and sweetness that serves the purpose of taste and medicinal benefits of green tea. Additional ingredients are added to enhance the flavor of this type of tea.
- Single tea bags: These are one-time-use tea bags that are to be put in hot or boiling water that provides the direct benefits of green tea. These are dried leaves of Camellia sinensis in a sachet and are the most preferred type of green tea.
- Loose-leaf: Like usual tea leaves, loose green tea leaves are the most direct source and provides the maximum effects due to the direct intake of leaves with boiling water. These are renowned for their aroma, and natural properties.
- Instant powder: Powder being the easiest form to consume can be added to a suitable solvent and consumed directly. Matcha tea is a famous form of green tea and contains all the nutrients from the leaf. This type of tea has its origin in Japan and is one of the most famous beverages there.
- Green tea supplements, in capsule form or as liquid extracts: These supplements are in the form of capsule or liquid extract and are slightly less effective as compared to that of the direct forms. Green tea extracts have been studies to have a high content of antioxidants that helps in protection against diseases.
There are different varieties of green tea and each has its own quality and preparation techniques. Originating from China, Green tea is also served as a welcome drink and is considered auspicious in countries like China and Japan. Matcha tea is one of the most popular and healthy green tea types.
Green tea as the preventive healthcare
Green tea has a range of possible health benefits. Green tea refreshed our body, can work for weight management, is known to lower the risk of chronic diseases, and much more. The above-mentioned reasons are enough to consider making green tea a regular part of our life and that can definitely do wonders for the immunity system.
If you want to treat your body with the best immune-boosting drink, green tea is the best to start your day with. Buy your immune-boosting green tea at the best rates and enjoy a healthy heart and fit body.
I’m a Blogger, always ready to explore new things. Starting from Technology to Seo, webiners etc. Driving more and more traffic to our website is my passion.