Fruity Green Tea Smoothie Recipe
Summer is already halfway through. The hot and muggy climate with clear skies can be enjoyed by anyone and everyone. This is that time of the year when both locals and tourists bask in the glory of pleasant sunny days with good food, fun, family and friends. However, to tackle long, hot days outdoors, you need a nutritious breakfast. And the one breakfast item that we consider fast, healthy and extremely delicious is a Green Tea Smoothie.
A fruity green tea smoothie is the perfect start to your day. The best thing about drinking green tea smoothie in summers is that they are not only refreshing in the morning but also highly nourishing. A green tea smoothie will leave you feeling full for a while and also curb your cravings for unhealthy things. Plus, the health benefits of having a green tea smoothie for breakfast are just too many to count. A glass of fruity green tea smoothie will be a large dose of antioxidants for you. As both berries and green tea are rich in antioxidants, it will aid in your digestion as well as detoxification of your body. Not only this, but a green tea smoothie on a regular basis will help enhance the body’s immunity and improve your hair and skin. Things like blood sugar, body hydration and mood swings are kept in check upon ingestion of this beverage regularly. Ultimately, a green tea smoothie is considered to be an amazing aid in weight management.
Now, all of this begs the question of how difficult it is to prepare a green tea smoothie. Is it time-consuming or are the ingredients too exotic to procure? Unlike regular doubts, a green tea smoothie is probably a simple drink to prepare. Smoothies are like breakfast in a glass. You can either have one with other solid foods, or you can have one whole glass and feel sorted for the day. Here’s our take on the Fruity Green Tea Smoothie recipe.
- 1 tbsp Mint Green Tea
- 1 Cup Hot Water
- 1/2 Cup Plain Yogurt
- 1/2 piece Banana
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries
- 1/2 Cup Strawberries
- 1 tsp Honey
1. Steep mint green tea in a cup of hot water at 70°-75°C for 3-4 minutes.
2. Pour the steeped tea into an ice tray and freeze to prepare mint green tea ice cubes.
3. In a blender, put the banana, blueberries, strawberries, yogurt and honey then blend the ingredients together.
4. Add mint green tea ice cubes and blend it all again until smooth.
5. Pour into two glasses and serve chilled.
- You can use any variety of Green tea for this recipe.
- You can use as many fruits as you want and any kinds of fruits.
- Honey or any other type of sweetener is optional in a Green tea smoothie.
We hope you like this recipe and will surely enjoy your summery mornings with a glass of this wholesome green tea smoothie drink.