Our lifestyles have evolved drastically in the past few decades. A person buried underneath their busy schedules finds it almost impossible to enjoy brewing a good cup of tea. Moreover, if you’re a tea lover, chances are you are familiar with Pyramid tea bags. These tiny, porous, sealed bags contain tea, which can be dipped into boiling water to make tea. These tiny pockets of tea are the quickest way of brewing a cup of your favorite tea.
The earliest record of tea bags dates back to 8th century China. During the Tang Dynasty, the paper was folded and sewn from all sides to store tea leaves. This helped preserve their flavor and aroma. However, the first commercial tea bag wasn’t sold until 1904, which used silk fabric sewn together to sustain dried tea leaves. By 1903, heat-sealed paper fiber tea bags were widely popular. It made transporting tea worldwide easier for retailers.
From differing shapes to diverse production materials, tea bags have taken various avatars over the years. The medleys in tea bags is almost equal to the endless assortments of teas produced.
Yet for many, the taste of tea made with tea bags is never as good as the one they brew themselves. Still, we are always on the lookout for products that give the best results. The debate over the shapes of tea bags is unending. And the recent competitors are Pyramid tea bags and Regular tea bags.
Pyramid Tea Bags & Regular Tea Bags: The Unending Debate
The standard folded and enveloped tea bag is what most of us are familiar with. They were the first ones to come around, after all. Only recently have the various shapes of tea bags become part of public knowledge. Yet many of us are still unaware of the innovation known as the pyramid tea bags. Also known as the tetrahedron-shaped tea bags, these pockets have revolutionized the entire process of packaging brews into bags.
- Quantity of tea: When it comes to regular tea bags, they contain less teas and more fannings, making your brew taste rather dusty. With pyramid tea bags, the spaciousness of the bags allows packaging of larger, good quality tea leaves. This gives you a top-shelf brew.
- Variety of Flavours: With the spaciousness of pyramid tea bags, an assortment of infusions can be packed in them. Regular tea bags may come in a lot of flavours as well, but upon brewing the taste is hardly different from plain tea, unless procured from a premium brand. In pyramid tea bags, the space allows infusions of flavours like rose, lavender, orange peel, lemon zest etc to give the tea that extra punch of real flavour and mouthfeel.
- Better Brewing: The pyramid tea bags have brought about innovation, thus changing the older rules of brewing tea. The triangular structure of the tea bags allows the tea leaves to move freely. When hot water is added into the cup along with the tea bag, the tea leaves move in a circular motion, then cool down. This almost mimics what happens to tea in a teapot or infuser, which utilize the tea leaves best. This shape also allows the ingredients to unwind and expand properly, releasing maximum flavour into your cup. This gives the entire tea leaf to be utilized and not just a part of it or its fannings.
- Time Efficient: The structure of pyramid tea bags is more porous. This not only allows a concentrated flavour to mix into the cup, but also allows faster brewing. Whereas in regular tea bags, by the time your tea steeps to give you the best flavour, the water has already cooled down. The brewing process is neither taste effective nor time efficient. Pyramid tea bags are the best option for those who are time bound.
- Travel Friendly: The durability of regular tea bags is not very dependable. They are more susceptible to wear and tear. Carrying these during travel means putting them in a protective box which only occupies more space in your luggage. Pyramid tea bags, on the other hand, are very travel friendly. They are durable and strong, and are not affected by outside force that easily.
- A Luxurious Gift: Giving a gift to someone can be a challenging task. We often look for pocket friendly, yet classy options. Pyramid tea bags can work great as gifts. They are soft to touch, with a beautiful sheen over them. Plus, they deliver a spectacular brew to its users. Unlike regular tea bags, pyramid tea bags set a hallmark of luxury. These are great for personal use, and even better for giving as gifts.
With so many advantages over regular tea bags, pyramid tea bags do seem like a better option. Plus, if you’re a tea junkie, then you know that they are adept at drinking tea while at work or at home. So, having a few bags handy is never a bad idea.