As we leave our childhood behind, puffy or swollen eyes become our companion in almost every phase of life. Starting from students who pull all nighters, either for studies or for binge watching their favourite series, to those who work around the clock to earn a happy living, everyone becomes a prey to dark circles. As a result, we constantly jump to new eye ointments or gels that claim to combat this problem. However, the sad truth is, these products rarely show any signs of progress. Alternately, all they do is create another reason for our pockets to stay empty.Therefore, it’s always better to go for options that are more natural as well as affordable. This is exactly where the role of tea comes in. Using tea bags for this issue is the most natural and affordable solution that can be easily used at home. As they not only diminish dark circles, but also help you get rid of puffiness making you look more awake and into the moment.
Caffeinated teabag contains natural tannins, which has been used as a solution to this problem since olden times. The caffeine present in tea can help shrink blood vessels around the eyes, thus reducing puffiness. All you have to do is soak two tea bags in warm water, chill them for some time in the refrigerator; gently place one tea bag on each eye for five to ten minutes, immediately after you take them out of the fridge and then rinse your face with cool water. This process will rapidly take away all the puffiness of your eyes. For swift results, you can apply gentle pressure to your eyes or massage the area around your eyes with the help of your fingertips.
Why Use Tea Bags?
- Tea bags contain beneficial antioxidants along with tannin, responsible for the tea’s colour and flavour which stimulate healthy blood circulation and help tighten the skin.
- The anti-inflammatory properties present in tea bags are a key to reduce dark circles.
- Numerous tea bags, especially green tea bags, contain EGCG, an anti-inflammatory that reduces under eye watery accumulation.
Which type of Tea Bags can you use?
Various types of tea bags work as a home remedy to this problem, for that reason you can choose your favourite, centered on the type of problem you’re facing. If dark circles are your main concern, caffeine-free chamomile tea bags can fulfill the purpose.However, a caffeinated blend such as black tea or green tea bags is the best choice to get rid of puffiness. This quick fix not only improves the appearance of your eyes, but also helps to treat irritation, styes and pink eye.
Although, there are several types of tea that can be used to treat eye related issues, it’s best to use organic or herbal teas as they are more calming and soothing. Lavender, chamomile, jasmine and rose are some of the most popular herbal teas that can soothe your nerves and blood vessels. The teabags of these teas contain theophylline which passes through the skin to decrease excess fat by dehydrating the skin cells and reducing the inflammation. Not just this, it also contains alkaloids that give rise to healthy skin growth around the eyes. Black tea bags and peppermint tea bags can also be a good choice that removes excess water from around the eyes and reduces swelling with its cooling effect and this, in turn, relieves dark circles and puffy eyes. Peppermint Tea Bags have a strong menthol aroma that makes eyes water and put an end to dark circles caused by skin allergies.
To accomplish this home remedy accurately, there are certain precautions that you need to take.
Mentioned below are a few tips that make things easier for you.
- The first and the most significant step is to do a patch test for each tea bag that you wish to use on your eyes.
- Make sure that tea does not get into your eyes while you leave the tea bags on your eyes.
- For best results, apply tea bags immediately after you take them out of the refrigerator.
- Remember never to use the same tea bag for the treatment, twice.
- Also, if you wish to add something extra to your tea like tulsi, cucumber, potato, etc. Consider removing tea bag before adding other things to the tea.
- It is harmful to open your eyes while the tea bags are in use. It will make tearful and swollen.
- Always keep in mind that it is unhealthy to use warm tea bags, therefore, you need to let them completely cool in the refrigerator and then apply to your eyes.
Apart from this, by now we have made you aware of several health benefits of drinking tea. Thus, along with this treatment, if you consume any of the teas on daily basis, it will help your eyes heal even faster.
I’m a Blogger, always ready to explore new things. Starting from Technology to Seo, webiners etc. Driving more and more traffic to our website is my passion.