Darjeeling Tea Recipe – Darjeeling tea is a very prominent category of tea consumed in many parts of the world. It is called an extraordinary tea because of its versatility as it is cultivated in several ways, which turn into white, black, oolong, and green tea.
Darjeeling tea comes from the Camellia Sinensis plant. Its leaves are very delicate and carry a golden-bronze color with a fruity, floral aroma.
It grows into three flushes. The first flush occurs from March to May, the second flush from June to August, and the third one from October to November. It grows in Darjeeling district, West Bengal, India.
Here are five Darjeeling Tea recipes that will transform your daily cuppa into a very healthy elixir.
Darjeeling Tea Iced Latte
- Darjeeling tea- 2 teaspoon
- Water- 246ml
- Milk- 145ml (cold)
- Cinnamon powder- ½ teaspoon
- Dry ginger powder- 1 teaspoon
- Caster sugar/White or Brown powdered sugar- 4 tablespoon
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Reduce it to a simmer.
- Then add cinnamon powder, dry ginger powder, sugar, and tea. Cover the pan with a lid and let the tea steep for around 5 minutes.
- After five minutes, uncover and pour the tea through a strainer to a cup. Let it get cooled at room temperature.
- Fill two cups with ice cubes. Pour tea over the ice and add milk. Stir then sprinkle a bit of cinnamon powder over this mixture.
- Your Darjeeling Iced Tea Latte is ready. Serve it immediately.
Iced Honey Lemon Darjeeling Recipe
- Water – 4 cups
- Loose-leaf Darjeeling tea- 4 teaspoon
- Honey- 2-3 tablespoon
- Lemon- 1
- Begin boiling 4 cups of water at 175° F.
- Pour in 4 teaspoons of loose-leaf Darjeeling tea into a pot.
- Let them steep in the water for about 12 minutes.
- While tea is hot, stir in 2-3 tbsp of honey.
- Then, add 1-2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice to the tea.
- Set tea in the fridge for an hour or more until it gets chilled.
Darjeeling Tea with Chamomile Flowers
- Water- 1 cup
- Darjeeling First Flush tea- 1⁄2 teaspoon
- Chamomile flower (dried)- 1 teaspoon
- Place chamomile flowers in a cup.
- Boil water at 900°- 950°C and pour it on the flowers.
- Instill for 1 minute. Then, add tea leaves and stir gently. Allow it steep for 5 minutes and then strain.
- Your tea is ready.
Sunburst Darjeeling Tea
- Water- 1⁄2 cup
- Darjeeling Muscatel tea-1 teaspoon
- Milk- 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric (dried)- 2 strands or Turmeric powder- 1 teaspoon
- Honey- 1 teaspoon
- Almonds (soaked, skinned, and slivered)- 4
- Heat the water, milk, and turmeric to a simmering point.
- Then, add Special Muscatel Darjeeling Black tea and cardamom. You can buy tea online by clicking on the link mentioned above.
- Boil the mixture for 30 seconds. After that, switch off the heat.
- You can now strain the tea in a cup.. Add honey to it for taste.
- Garnish the tea with almonds. Serve it hot.
Do you know you can make chocolate bark with Darjeeling tea?
Let’s check out the fabulous recipe.
Darjeeling Tea Chocolate Bark
- Chopped dairy-free bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate- 1 pound
- Crushed Darjeeling tea leaves- 2 tablespoon
- Line a baking sheet with a baking mat of silicone.
- Melt chocolate on the top of a double boiler over low heat by stirring it frequently, Do it until ¾ chocolate pieces get melted.
- After that, remove the pan from heat. Stir in two tablespoons of Summer Darjeeling Organic Black tea and continue to stir it until melted chocolate and tea get evenly distributed. To make an online tea purchase, visit com
- Then, pour the mixture onto a baking sheet and spread it evenly. Let the mixture come to room temperature, and allow the bark to solidify for about four hours.
- When set, cut it into pieces. Store in an airtight, wrapped container at room temperature.
Curious to experiment with these recipes?
To try Darjeeling Tea Recipe, visit Teafloor’s Online Tea Store India and buy Darjeeling tea online from us.
Also, don’t forget to tell us how Darjeeling Tea Recipe works out for you.
I’m a Blogger, always ready to explore new things. Starting from Technology to Seo, webiners etc. Driving more and more traffic to our website is my passion.