Apple & Cranberry Tea
Cranberry tea is rather an unlikely summer flavour that is receiving the love of the people. This berry in all forms has become a popular alternative beverage to consume. Not only is cranberry tea a healthy brew, but can be rejoiced both hot and cold. The tea is infused with a wide variety of antioxidants from the berries and green tea, along with several vitamins and minerals. Plus, when served as an iced tea, it hydrates the body and rejuvenates the mind. Enriched with anthocyanins and flavonols, along with caffeic acid, resveratrol, and numerous tannins, it allows the drinker to absorb the benefits of many active ingredients through just one cup.
However, we always aim to take regular iced tea a notch higher with our uniquely designed recipes. This iced cranberry tea recipe is one that will help you to not only take advantage of its numerous health benefits, but also fight the scorching season with a flavourful sip.
- 8 Tsp Cranberry Apple Ginger Green Tea
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp Sugar/Honey
- 40 ml Cranberry Juice
- 10 ml Lemon Juice
- 800 ml Water
- Apple Slices for garnish
- Mint for garnish
- Ice cubes
1. To prepare an iced tea concentrate, take a saucepan and put 600 ml of water, cinnamon, sugar/honey. Let it boil and add Cranberry Apple Ginger Green tea. Once it boils for a few minutes, turn the heat off and let it sit. Once the concentrate is at room temperature, strain and store it in the fridge.
2. The concentrate can be stored in the fridge for up to a week.
3. Take two glasses and add 50 ml concentrate in each.
4. Add lemon juice and 20 ml of cranberry juice in each.
5. Pour 100 ml chilled water in each glass and stir gently.
6. Top it off with ice cubes, apple slices and garnish with mint leaves.
7. To use the tea concentrate in the future, take 1 part concentrate and 3 part water or soda to dilute along with desired additives.
Cranberry tea is rather an unconventional flavour to play with. However, combined with green tea and apple, it delivers just the right amount of energy to the drinker. Drinking cranberry tea hydrates and chills the nerves and is a great way to stay healthy this summer!