Black tea has been used both as a beverage and medicine from almost 1000 years now. In China, it is still being used as a medicine by many people. In China, ancient physicians used both dry and liquid tea as a healing agent. Today, tea is getting a second look by the medical community. Many of the ancient uses are being rediscovered; but at the same time, modern science is finding new hope in other uses for the world’s second most popular beverage.
Let us find out the medicinal benefits of black tea.
- Cholesterol reduction with black tea – Today’s hectic lifestyle troubles us the most and cholesterol is common among the people. There have been studies which suggest that black Tea consumption reduced LDL cholesterol by 7.5%. The studies also suggest that black tea when consumed with a low fat diet reduces total and LDL cholesterol, and reduces the risk of coronary heart disease.
- Blood Sugar Control with black tea – We can even control our blood sugar levels with black tea. An abstract at the American College of medicine cited a British study which found that a 1.0g tea drink reduced the late phase plasma glucose response in healthy humans with a corresponding increase in insulin. Not only this, there are many other studies which suggest that drinking 2-3 cups of black tea reduces blood sugar level.
- Anti-Oxidants in black tea- The antioxidants present in the black tea in the form of polyphenols destroy the cell-damaging free radicals in the body and detoxify them and protect the body from getting damaged. It also reduces the damage caused from smoking and toxic chemicals. Black tea has Anti-Oxidant ORAC value of 313 μ mol TE/100g.
- Ovarian Cancer reduction with black Tea – Ovarian cancer has become a common menace among women now days. According to this study individuals consuming two or more cups daily, experiencing a 30% decline in ovarian cancer risk.
- Kidney Disease and Black Tea – The US library of medicines database says that Women who drink black tea seem to have an 8% lower risk of developing kidney stones. This is because black tea has some diuretic effect.
- Parkinson Disease and Black Tea – The chances of Parkinson’s disease is reduced in elderly or the progression of disease is slowed down. This property is being attributed to the polyphenols of the black tea.
- Mental Alertness – This is a matchless quality of black tea. The caffeine and other components make our mind alert and smarter. Studies show that people consuming black tea daily tend to be more mentally active than the non consumers.
The good news is that with Teafloor, you can buy all varieties of black tea – including Darjeeling, Assam, Kangra, the Nilgiris and Nepal and some parts of North East India (Dooars and Terai). We have some of the best varieties of black tea available across the world at best prices and our efficient delivery system will provide you at lightening fast speed.
Log on to www.teafloor.com and make online tea purchase your desired tea from our huge range of selection at best prices with a lot of attractive offers.
I’m a Blogger, always ready to explore new things. Starting from Technology to Seo, webiners etc. Driving more and more traffic to our website is my passion.