Indian Masala Chai Ice Cream
The calendar says it’s time to bid summer goodbye, but it doesn’t seem to be going away soon. That means we have some more time before we can get back to enjoying our regular cup of hot tea. Till then, we should try something new. Something like Masala Chai Ice cream. In fact, July is celebrated as the Ice cream month in several places which makes it an even more appealing idea at this time of the year.
But, who’s going to put in the efforts to make this Masala Chai Ice Cream? Does it require an ice cream maker? Will it require all sorts of unusual ingredients that we don’t have readily available at home?
Well, no need to get bogged down by such questions.
Here is a recipe that will help you make your own mouth-watering Masala Chai Ice Cream effortlessly at home. And that too, without the ice cream maker and those unusual ingredients you are thinking about.
So, get going and relive your regular masala chai bliss the summer way by following through this recipe and relish your own Masala Chai Ice Cream.
- 1 Litre of Whipping Cream, chilled
- 1/2 Litre of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 6 Tbsp good quality Masala Chai tea leaves
- Cardamom seeds as topping Optional
1. The first step is to let the masala chai steep well for around 15 minutes with the milk. This gives enough time to the leaves and the blended spices to release their nutrients, flavour and aroma in the milk.
2. Next, strain the mixture and let it cool down to room temperature.
3. Whip the chilled cream in a blender until stiff peaks form. It would be better if the blender blades are chilled in the freezer for an hour beforehand.
4. Add the strained mixture to the blended cream slowly without deflating it.
5. Pour this mixture into a freezer safe container and store it in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
6. Once it’s properly frozen, you can top it up with cardamom seeds and serve.
More about Masala Chai Ice Cream Recipe
The masala chai is something that has been an important part of the Indian culture. It is a great stimulator for the senses, used typically to get out of the early morning grogginess or day-end tiredness. Its spices help the body in various ways. They boost immunity and detoxify the blood while proving to be a great remedy for toothaches, cough, cold and other seasonal maladies. The rich and creamy masala chai ice cream will provide you all these health benefits along with an enriching flavour and aroma to refresh yourself this summer.
I write to fulfill your appetite for thought, to get only in return your smile.