Did you know that black tea accounts for more than 80% of the tea produced in the whole world?! Yes, you read that right, the black brew which is available in hundreds of varieties and is a huge favorite among the masses. Now many people are not aware of the fact that the black tea leaves are derived from the same Chinese, Camellia Sinensis plant which is known for producing white, green, and oolong tea as well. Even though green tea is enjoying a lot of popularity these days, it cannot hold a torch to the global fame that black tea enjoys.
Black Tea is a Global Hit
Loved in countries like Turkey, Russia, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, etc, black tea has traveled far and wide owing to its heavy demand. The black brew happens to be the most oxidized teas of them all, and in most cases is stronger with heavy caffeine content. In a world that is craving for more and more caffeine daily, the widespread of black tea was inevitable. If you love coffee but hate the jitters caused by it, then black tea will be your best friend. It releases caffeine slowly into the system, which allows the body to remain recharged for longer periods of time without breaking into jitters.
Bold, Beautiful and Versatile
Black tea, perhaps, is the most versatile tea. It is bold, it is strong and it can be prepared in many different ways. Some brews like the Assam black tea is so strong, that you can hardly consume it without the addition of milk, which balances it out. The Darjeeling brew, on the other hand, must not be mixed with milk at all. However, there is one universal ingredient that complements the flavor of pretty much all tea varieties and that is lemons.
The Benefits of Black Tea With Lemon
- Yes the humble lemon, or lime as it is called in some countries, tastes excellent with tea. In fact, it enhances the flavor of the brew and adds a whiff of freshness to it. There are many benefits of black tea with lemon.
- Lemon, as we know, is a powerful antioxidant; antioxidants help in fighting free radicals in the body. The free radicals are basically like cellular rust which cause various disease and accelerate aging.
- Tea, as we all know, has antioxidants and the addition of lemon strengthens this factor. Having lemon tea will not only keep you free from a number of diseases but, at the same time, aids in fighting early signs of aging. Instead of adding creamers and milk to your tea and piling up on the calories, switch to lemons. You will be surprised at how light and flavorful does your tea taste.
- Come to think of it, lemon tea (without the addition of sweeteners) is a zero-calorie beverage. It will not only cut down on the calorie intake but also reduce the fat present in the body. Lemon water is known for cutting down fat, so if you are looking forward to shedding some kilos, then the lemon tea will prove to be your very best friend. Plus, both lemon, as well as tea, are diuretics, which will prevent water retention in your body, thereby, inhibiting any kind of bloating.
- Lemon tea is a detoxifying beverage, which you can consume times a day. It will get rid of the free radicals present in the body and you will be able to notice new-found energy in yourself. If you prefer your tea sweet, ditch the sugar and swap it with some organic forest honey and make your morning tea a true-blue health drink.
I’m a Blogger, always ready to explore new things. Starting from Technology to Seo, webiners etc. Driving more and more traffic to our website is my passion.