With increasing difficulties of a rapidly changing lifestyle, physical and mental stress has become one of the most common problems of everyone’s life. It’s no secret that no matter how much we try to avoid this issue, it’s difficult to deal with. It not only affects us mentally but also starts to affect our day to day activities. The increase in stress hormone cortisol in our bloodstream causes insomnia, irritability and other digestive problems which undoubtedly hinder our daily routine. Amid all this, anxiety relief seems like a far-fetched idea.
People with a fast lifestyle, try to look for quick ways to get rid of such problems through prescribed medications without considering the adverse effects that it can have on their body. It is scientifically proven that taking medicinal treatments for stress and anxiety can increase a person’s mortality risk by 36%. Thus, it is vital for us to look up for solutions that are natural and safe.
When looking for a natural remedy, the easiest solution can be just a simple cup of tea. It’s indisputable that no matter how busy our lifestyle may be, we can easily find time for a cup of tea. Thus, it can be a good idea to make the most of this everyday habit. For centuries, herbal remedies have been used to bring relief to anxiety and stress. Combining these herbs with tea can serve as a luxurious way to improve our quality of life.
Here’s a list of some Herbal Teas for anxiety:
- Chamomile Tea : We all have those days in life when our minds are so occupied with thoughts that all we do is keep tossing and turning in bed when it’s time to sleep at night. For some of us popping sleeping pills is the easiest solution to this problem. However, chamomile, a member of the daisy family can help your mind relax a great deal. This herb helps the body to de-stress after a long, tiring day. Thousands of people trust chamomile tea for stress problems as it acts as a mild tranquilizer to help them sleep better. It also acts as a remedy for a number of other problems like anxiety, depression, sore throat, arthritis, acne and mild flu. People suffering from migraine or any other stress disorder can make the most of the delightful benefits of this tea.
- Peppermint Tea: Peppermint, belonging to the mint family is found in almost every Indian kitchen. This herb has been used as medicine, since the time of the Greeks, Romans and Egyptians. It has been regarded as one of the best naturally occurring herb that can be beneficial for the body in wondrous ways. Its most vital benefit is that it helps the mind and body relax because of its antispasmodic and sedative properties. To fall asleep quickly, freshly brewed peppermint tea for anxiety can be the perfect remedy. Its essential oils can help you get rid of stress, calming the nerves leading to the brain and easing blood flow to reduce the headaches.
- Rose Tea: When it comes to stress and anxiety, good aroma can always be a pleasing relaxant. The fragrance of rose and green tea leaves can easily take over your senses and help you relax within a fraction of a second. The dual benefit of consuming this tea is that it will not only calm your senses, but will also keep you healthy because of the numerous benefits that rose petals are packed with. The presence of vitamin A and E in rose petals impact the skin positively, and also make your immune system stronger. It is a healthful beverage which is not only a good replacement to any caffeinated drink, but also calms your mind and makes the body infection-free.
- Lavender Tea: Lavender, a native to North America is scientifically classified as genus Lavandula. The dried lavender buds have been widely used as traditional remedies for centuries. The aroma and essential oils present in this plant have been known to reduce stress, calm the mind and help you sleep better. A study revealed that people suffering from constant sleeping problems, anxiety, depression and restlessness can benefit from a warm cup of lavender tea. It is known to relax your senses from within and put an end to your prolonged discomforts.
- Passion Flower Tea: Passion flower tea is another great natural remedy that brings stress relief. There are about 500 known species of passion flower, also known as Passiflora. Studies suggest that many of its species have numerous medicinal benefits. For instance, Passiflora incarnate can treat anxiety and insomnia because of the presence of flavone chrysin which has anti-anxiety benefits. It is also beneficial for young children who face problems in sleeping at night. It is also known to boost the level of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) in your brain, a compound that lowers brain activity and help you relax and sleep better.
It is always better to look up for anything natural to help your body and mind heal. A cup of tea for anxiety and stress is always a great idea. Also, combining your cup of tea with a few minutes of yoga or meditation can make your life easier.
I’m a Blogger, always ready to explore new things. Starting from Technology to Seo, webiners etc. Driving more and more traffic to our website is my passion.