Green tea for acne is one of the most effective treatments for this embarrassing skin condition.
What made it so famous, is the presence of tons of polyphenols and flavonoids, also known as antioxidants in green tea. These are due to the minimal processing that green tea goes through when compared to its counterparts like black tea and oolong tea.
But the cosmetics and beauty care products available in the market with green tea extract can be expensive for some people.
That’s why in this article, we are here to tell you how you can use green tea for acne with home remedies. Before that, however, let’s understand the cause of acne.
Why Do You Have Acne And Pimples?
Acne is a skin ailment that occurs when oil, dirt, and dead skin cells clog the hair follicles. If bacteria infect the clogged pore, it creates a pimple, a tiny red lump with pus at its tip. Although, in most cases, whiteheads or blackheads are the first signs.
Acne is most frequent among teenagers, but it can afflict anyone of any age.
Therefore, the primary cause of acne is dirt, dead skin cells, and oil.
You may also have acne due to hormonal imbalance. Some home remedies that cleanse your blood and remove its toxins can be helpful.
Blood purification will help more oxygen and nutrients to reach your skin pores and therefore, make your skin healthy enough to fight whatever’s causing the acne.
In case, blood purification with home remedies doesn’t work, you should consult a doctor.
3 Homemade Green Tea Products For Acne Treatment
1. Green Tea Masks For Acne
Turmeric, like green tea, contains anti-acne and anti-inflammatory qualities that help soothe sensitive skin. It also helps in exfoliating, which assists in removing excess oil and dirt from the skin. That’s why we are using turmeric as the acne-fighting partner with green tea in this green tea mask recipe.
Here’s what you need:
● chickpea flour, 1 teaspoon (as a base)
● turmeric (12 teaspoons)
● 2 tsp green tea (freshly brewed)
● To make a paste, whisk all ingredients together nicely and thoroughly.
● Apply this paste evenly on your skin. You can even apply it only to the affected area.
● Allow for a 15-minute cooling period after applying.
● Rinse your face thoroughly.
● Apply a moisturizer after rinsing.
● You should apply it twice a week to get fast results.
2. Green Tea Toner For Acne
If you have dry skin that can get inflamed easily in the summers, or you have oily skin that can lead to acne even in the winters, toners are your best bet for a time-saving treatment.
They are easy to apply (just spray them on the affected area), and you can even store them in the fridge for weeks.
Here’s what you need:
● 2 green tea bags
● 1 capsule of vitamin E
● Boiling water
● Prepare your green tea by steeping the tea bags in boiling water for 15-20 minutes.
● Remove the green tea bags and add a vitamin E pill into the drink once it has cooled.
● You may even add a few drops of your essential oils like lavender and chamomile to the mix if you have dry skin.
● Give it a good stir and pour it into a spray bottle.
● You can apply it to your face directly every few hours and keep it in the fridge for up to 1.5 weeks.
3. Green Tea Blood Purifier For Acne
When you drink green tea instead of applying it topically, you make way for more effective and long-lasting results because now your skin gets the nourishment of green tea for the inside.
Green tea, especially, has blood purifying qualities that help detoxify your skin. It removes the dead cells from the body, plus makes other cells healthier, to add a glow to your skin.
Green tea can do this thanks to the catechins and flavonoids it has. These are antioxidants that fight free radicals. What are free radicals, you ask? These are compounds that damage your DNA and healthy cells in the body. It is these chemicals that are mostly responsible for terrible conditions like cancer.
So, how can you make green tea for acne, the best possible way to get its blood purifying benefits for your skin?
Here’s what you need:
● 2 cups of Water
● 1 teabag/ 2 teaspoon green tea leaves
● Maple syrup/ honey/ stevia leaves for sweetening (optional)
● Heat water to 80-85 degrees Celsius or 176-185 degrees Fahrenheit.
– Note: Water should not be boiling; this is the ideal temperature for green tea to avoid bitterness.
● Pour the water into a glass or cup.
● Add tea leaves or tea bags of green tea to this cup of water.
● Infuse the tea for 3-5 minutes. The time should be less if you want less bitter tea and more if you like a stronger brew.
● If you used tea leaves, strain them using a strainer/sieve.
● Now add the sweetener of your choice if you don’t like the bitterness in your tea. It’s almost always better not to add anything, though. But if you have to, make sure it’s a natural sweetener like maple syrup or honey. Never sugar.
● Voila, your blood-purifying tea is ready!
In The End…
While green tea for acne is a fantastic formula to treat it, green tea alone won’t make much of a difference. Especially if your acne has troubled you for months or years, you will need to couple the green tea treatment with an appropriate diet and exercise.
Ready to end your acne troubles? Get yourself a pack of green tea today and start healing!
I’m a Blogger, always ready to explore new things. Starting from Technology to Seo, webiners etc. Driving more and more traffic to our website is my passion.